Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthday Saga

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA AND SCOTT!!!

We had a little birthday bash at the Elder's Saturday night for Lisa and Scott. It was one heck of a party. We of course had the old traditional cake and ice-cream, but Lisa's cake sure as heck wasn't traditional. It was INCREDIBLE! Props for all her baking/cooking. she was born with an insane gift of being able to whip up anything. When I picture celestial glory I picture me eating a 21 course meal that Lisa has prepared for me. Of course I highly doubt that's what her celestial glory looks like.
After din we headed out back for some mallow roasting and "around the fire" gabbing-something that I live for. We just sat around the fire and talked till we laughed, and laughed till we peed into the late night. I can honestly say there was about 4 times during that night that I almost peed I was laughing so hard. ....(sigh).........life is good. Unfortunately for Scott-I got a picture of one of us laughing till we peed. jokes, but we wanted to see how many mallows Scott could put in his mouth-we were all just rolling when marshmallows started coming out his nose-and of course the drool helped us laugh even harder.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Crying! Crying because you are so dang funny, and because I WAS NOT THERE! And, I see that Lisa is still up to no good teaching the grandkids how to drink coke. What a fun night, I really can't read these posts though, they make me want to live in Utah (what, did I say that?!)

Allie said...

That picture of you and Brad where you have sort of a soft smile is so cute. I love it! Melissa, can I please hang out with you sometime soon? I really need it.

the murdocks said...

I miss you right now. Bad. And love the pics, as always. You are so good at taking lots of pictures. I need to work on taking more pictures...of MY family.

the fellers said...

can I just say that I love you guys? The end.

Em Talbot said...

I almost wet myself looking at these! Oh my! I don't know what I'm getting myself into do I!?! Good times!

Ashley said...

Remember the time in Stacie's room in your old house (that little white one in who knows what town) when you really did pee your pants you were laughing so hard? I do. It was funny. I'm literally laughing out loud just thinking about it.

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

You captured the night in pictures-I love it!!! I laughed again just looking at Scott and the drool. How many marshmallows were in there before he spewed?!

Kenna said...

Looks like you had such a wonderful time with your family, but how could you not? Loved the pics, and I loved the post before the night on the town.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

ha ha... you are so funny! I loved what you said about Lisa cooking for you. I love my days that are stressful and I can look at your blog and just laugh! In High School life was good with you around!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Family parties are the BEST!! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I hope I see you again soon Melissa!!

chelsey said...

I love birthdays. And smores. And cake. What a night! And did I ever tell you I love your blog header?! And I love your diabetic blog...I need to go get ingredients to make up some of your recipes! Looks like you and Brad and enjoying life! Yay!

J & P Gibb said...

I am so glad for these blogs and the fact that i can check in from time to time. I have to say I have seen many things shoot out of noses but never ever have I seen Marshmellow's now that is real talent. Sister Auntie Patty