Monday, April 6, 2009

family babysitting plus april fools.

I didn't have a camera this weekend, so I'm sorry about having zilch pictures.


So this last week my parents decided to head out to Cancun for a little lovers trip, so me and Stace ended up babysitting the entire house full of orphans. It's funny how much I miss the chaos that comes with being in the Weidner home. You don't get that all too much living with just one person.
As many as you guys know April Fools rolled around, and I had to think of something to do. Nothing that I do works on Brad, because well, I think he's made an executive decision to just not believe anything I say anymore. So what better than to have a life threatening disease on my hands that I could play with for my family.
Me and Brad only have one car, so I asked my sister, Jackie and my cousin to come pick me up after I dropped Brad off from work. I thought this was a perfect time to pull my joke!
I get in the car and kind of act dumb, because well, that's pretty much how I act when I go into a Diabetic Low. (a wonderful diabetic side affect) I quickly ask Jax if she has any juice or anything and she immediately starts to freak out. "ARE YOU GOING LOW??", "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR PURSE?", "OH MY GOSH I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING!!". So I try to calm her down and tell her I will be ok and then I just continued to sit. Seconds pass and I start to sit and stare. She is literally freaking out. (it was so fetching hard to keep a straight face, and for those of you who know jackie, she is quite dramatic:)) Then at that moment I decide to go into a full blown seizure. By that point she is almost in tears. Well, unfortunately my prank only lasted 2 seconds because I couldn't help but laugh and for the fact that I honest to goodness thought she was going to crash the car.


~This next bit is just something worth posting about. Josh, my bone-rail thin little brother loves to dance. Well, our entire family loves to break out in random dances, but this time it was Josh's idea. So we are looking through the music trying to figure out what to dance too, and this is how the next part of our conversation went down....

while looking through the CD's he says "let's dance to that one girl..."

I say, "What one girl?"

he says, "You know, that one girl that is trying to be a man?"

I can't help but already laugh and ask, "Who the heck are you talking about?"

he says, "You know, that Jackson girl?"

I started laughing so hard I couldn't even talk. "Do you mean Michael Jackson?"

he says, "ya ya, that girl!!"

13 comments:

Ryan and Tori said...

Ooh! You are cruel. Do you still have a sister?? J/K That really is a great April Fools prank, I've never had a good one to do... maybe next April Fools. So, I'm SO freakin' excited for our GIRLS TRIP!! Woo Hoo!! Just keep us posted on when you'll know when you'll be able to get off work. Yeah!

tracie said...

I love your joke!! You are truly the best actress!! I can totally picture jackie freaking out too! And the story about Josh is so funny. I was laughing out loud at this whole post!!!

kelley and candice said...

Oh my word I really was laughing out loud when I read this.. you are a girl after my own heart! I could literally picture you having a fake seizer and was wishing I was a fly on the wall, just because I am sure it was hilarious. Not the seizer part just the faking a seizer part. You get it right? okaaaaaaaaaaay well I sure do love you freaking guts! This really leaves me craving to hang out with you guys! So lets do it you little slut bag.

the murdocks said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHH! I laughed again at that. Also when you say Brad doesn't believe anything you say anymore...and the prank. You are absolutely the greatest person at "acting out" pranks. I freaking miss you more than words can express. Let's go move in mom and dads again and watch twilight one last time. LOVE YOU MELISS!!!

the fellers said...

I am laughing so hard, and I had to read that out loud to Shon! haha I love you guys!

kelley and candice said...

I promise I know how to spell seizure, I was just kidding about the spelling the first time. April Fools!

Jordan said...

Melissa,

First, the blog obviously looks terrific.

Second, I love anyone being described as "bone-rail thin."

sarjuh said...

haha awesome april fools. That would have freaked me out too though. NICE!!!

Ashley said...

Meliss, I cannot tell you how happy that made me! And also, you're kinda a jerk. Remember at the first when you pretended to be deaf and made Brad translate for you to Terilynn? That was hysterical. I wish I could have been in that car with you and Jax!

ashleyandcody said...

Hey you guys sound like you are doing great. Cody found your blog threw someone's blog he loves finding other peoples blogs:)! Anyways we wanted to invite you guys to our blog so if you just want to email us your email address at anorthup5@yahoo that would be great!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh - cruelest joke ever! But still funny... haha you are hilarious Melissa!

Peacocks said...

Oh mel I'm laughing right now! That is so funny about your prank and the Michael Jackson girl story! You always make me laugh Mel, I love it! You are so funny!

The Harkers said...

melissa you are so cruel....if i was jackie i would be balling....and then i would probably punch you when you started laughing...haha and then i would laugh through my tears and your bloody nose