Thursday, September 6, 2012

things i never knew before having a baby.....

i never knew how easy it would be to pick bogies out of my babies nose. especially with my gag reflexes.
i never knew how funny it would be to sit and watch your babies face while she was taking a huge poop.
i never knew how much pandora's comedy station would come in handy in the middle of the night.
i never knew how hard it would be to go to the bathroom while holding a baby in one arm the whole time.
i never knew i would be this non-stop all the time and yet still feel like i accomplished nothing in my day.
i never knew how hard moms actually work.  emotionally.
i never knew how much i would think about the atonement after her birth.  i can't even come close to comprehending giving my child to the world, for their sins no less.
i never knew or even had the thought of how much i would love seeing other people love my child.
i never knew i would get so feisty while touching my babies thighs.  sometimes i have to walk away or else i would squeeze them to death.
i never knew how hideous stretch marks actually were until they were spread all throughout my body.
i never knew i could actually sit on my butt for 3 hours just staring at her face.
i never knew my nipples could feel so raw.
i never knew or thought i would be the type of person to explain to my mom how to feed a baby. ew, i want to slap myself thinking of when i told my mom how to hold the bottle so ivy didn't suck air. thank goodness my mom understands the mind set of a new mom.  but still.....i'm so embarrassed. she's a professional for frick sakes.
i never knew brad would have such a huge crush on this girl. like....he's obsessed you guys. i'm genuinely jealous.
i never knew real love until now. and not just for my baby, but for brad for loving her.  for my mom and dad for loving me. for brads mom and dad for loving him, and for friends and family loving and supporting us.

6 comments:

glausers said...

Melissa, I just need to tell you, I LOVE your blog. Your realness is a breath of fresh air, and I frequently get the chills when I read your posts. I think you are just so great!
Just wanted you to know:)

Erin and Tony said...

I love this Melissa. Such a great post. You are such a beautiful mom :)

Taylor & Kristin said...

you always have such a good way of explaining how you feel. This is so spot on I think every mother thinks the same thing and when there reading this there nodding there heads agreeing and laughing.

Teandra said...

such a great post, i love it. thanks!

Naomi said...

Oooohhhhh.... You almost got me some tears out... Nice to be able to follow you even oceans away! WE LO_VE YOU!!!!! God be with you until we meet again :)

Jessie said...

Seriously I thought I was going to be so nice and fresh coming over here to say that your blog is just one of my absolute favorites. Apparently it's everybody else's favorite too. Seriously I don't read anybody else's blog and literally laugh out loud or have tears spring to my eyes. Today is a day when I truly want to ring my Nora's neck and you have reminded me why I love her so much. Thank you for saving her life.... :)