Monday, September 10, 2012

i'm tired.


well, i can honestly say today was probably the most tired i've ever been in my life. 
i think all the no sleep is finally catching up....and i have a feeling it's only just begun.
at 3 this morning when i heard her little duck quack cries telling me she's hungry, i almost couldn't get my body out of bed. literally. i laid there just blinking my eyes. somehow i did. and when i did the thought of changing her diaper seemed like running a half marathon. i think at one point i was even closing my eyes while wiping her bum.
the rest of the day has pretty much seemed like that. i've been dragging my body around the house. 
brad came home and off i went to go grocery shopping.  i was in the produce section and no joke, i sat there staring at the apples for about 5 minutes. i forgot everything and why i was even there and just sat there...staring.  i'm sure i looked ridiculous standing there staring in my nasty pajama pants and greasy hair.

if you're a mom that gets ready every day....kudos. 
my hat is forever off to you. 
i'm still in yesterdays underwear and i barely brushed my teeth today. 

i have a feeling i'm going to make motherhood look ugly and stinky.
thank goodness for sundays, or else i think i'd never get dressed. which is when these pictures were taken.
and thank goodness i'm so obsessed with loving her, or else days like these would be straight up torture.


5 comments:

Maren said...

Dang it, I feel your pain. The worst is I have to drop Noah and Jax off at school for 8:30 and it's only been a week of getting ready in the morning and it's brutal!!! Can I please officially be the sweat-pant Mom? My hair was four days old this morning.... yuck!

Leslie said...

seriously melissa, if i brush my teeth its a good day so you are far more ahead than me! oh and the other day i was searching the house high and low for the cheese...finally found it in the drawer with the zip lock bags. now thats tired!

Andrea said...

It is honestly almost unbelievable how tired you can be as a Mom! I've had my share of moments and sleepless nights...about 8 months where i averaged 4 hrs of broken sleep a night and several nights got 0 hrs in the hospital with my little one. And truly amazing how you can do what you literally feel like your body cannot. So kudos for changing that little bum and loving her somewhere! She's adorable!

Andrea said...

Some more not somewhere...

Landon and Jen said...

oh melissa I hear ya..Landon and I have been planning a trip to Las Vegas for about two months now and literally the only thing we've talked about doing is SLEEPING! We are going on a vacation to sleep- and we about die of giddiness every time we think about it...