Monday, September 19, 2011

crossing guard duty.



our ward was asked for some volunteers to help with crossing guard duty saturday morning for the 9th and 9th festival.
of course brad signed us up.
it was tedious, and annoying, and for the most part people thought we were just doing it to be dumb, ha.  that being said, i learned quite a big lesson from doing it.  i could not believe it when random people would tell me "thank you".  have you ever thanked a crossing guard? i sure have never even thought about it. let alone noticed them. i was so humbled when people not only noticed us holding up the flag,
 but went out of there way to say "thank you" to us. 


i want to be like those people that noticed.
i want to be someone that is aware of even those small acts of service, 
and make them a big deal to the person that is doing it.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

This makes me laugh I don't know why, but at the same time I think it awesome. Because i think you and Brad are awesome.
Oh how I've missed you guys, it is great to get together and talk about all the crude things there are in life, it was great to see you.
Thanks for being a crossing gaurd!

the fellers said...

Meliss! you should have called me, I could have given you the crossing guard 101....haha (you know I do that as a little job right?)....and I have to agree....I have been thanked more times than I can count, I think it is pretty funny!!