Tuesday, June 23, 2009

good old fashioned fun

the fam got together for another birthday-robbie bobbie ro robbie bobbie! celebrated with our fam's favorite place, leatherbutts. our entire family jumped on the tramp before we headed out and for some reason i was obsessed with it. the weather was perfect and everyone was into it. it was just a good time that i couldn't get enough of!these next bits are just random-but the other day we had a woman that was 106 years freakin old that came to my work! she came walking in (notice the word walking) to get her throat widened.
(for those of you who don't know where i work, i work at a...get ready for this....a colonoscopy clinic. i do smell poo, and i do seem bumbs. i just check the patients in, and i've had to only work in the back once..and all i did was clean scopes-as in the scopes that go up the anus. yup, that's my daily grind.)
anyways, my work not only gets those colons, they also widen throats. so i couldn't get enough of this old woman, i asked her every question in the book, and my last question was "what is your secret to life?" and she answered by saying "if you don't use it, you'll lose it". i instantly fell in love with her. one of those one-timers that left me smiling for the rest of the day.

second random-i was born with the worst habit in the world...i'm a spitter. every where i go, i have to spit. when i'm washing my hands, i spit in the sink. doing dishes, i spit in the sink. those who run with me, know i can't go 2 steps without spitting. walking out to take the trash out-spit at least 7 times. its rude, crude and lude and i despise it. well, today i hit the lowest of lows. me and brad were just sitting on the couch talking and without even thinking i leaned over the couch arm rest and just spit........as in, on the carpet.....inside the apartment....without even thinking. i honestly just sat there and stared for a minute to realize what in the h e double i just did. me and brad were rolling for about half an hour. i have never felt so ridiculous wiping it up. thank goodness brad has a good sense of humor, or else i'm sure that would have been worth kicking me out of the house for. i love the guy.

7 comments:

the fellers said...

i am PEEING my pants laughing, like tears are coming to my eyes! I love you! hahahaha

the murdocks said...

What the....HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! Awesome. But even more awesome because I have that EXACT same habit! How come I didn't know about yours??? I spit everywhere. That is freaking awesome that your habit got that out of control.

the murdocks said...

remind me to tell you about the dream I had last night about you and fra-dog

Caitlin said...

I can't spit at all! Except for when I'm brushing my teeth maybe. But I look like Mulan in that one part where she's at the training camp..? Yep. That's me.

tracie said...

I'm literaly laughing out loud! That is so funny!! I can't wait to see you guys. soon!! and I'm curious about the fra-dog dream..

bgibb said...

we're all curious about the fra-dog dream! haha

Brittany Lewis said...

Melissa, that is so dang hilarious about your spitting habit. I burst out laughing thinking of you just staring in unbelief after you had done it.