Sunday, November 2, 2008

SUMMER LOVIN'

What could I possibly say to help you believe me that we had absolutely zero Internet since we have moved down town into our new apartment. Well, OK, we didn't have zero, but we were bumming off our neighbors Internet which meant we had, no lie, about 5 minutes at a time to get on our Internet.
So, as you can see, we finally got Internet and I can join the blogging world once again, but I have to be honest, last night after we got the Internet I was up all night pacing back and forth, sweating and screaming deciding whether or not I should start blogging again, because at most points for me, it is a freaking chore to blog.

I tried to make it as brief as possible of all the things I didn't blog about this summer all up until Halloween.....so here we go.
Starting with my sweet sister's newborn daughter. She is incredibly beautiful and a joy to have around! Also I want to Congratulate my close friend Racquel, she also had her beautiful baby boy this summer! He's a gem!
Also, our close friends, Kelly and Candace Marsh got hitched this summer! We can finally talk marriage life with them now and its not so annoying and awkward.
Can't forget about boating with the Elder's....a guaranteed BLAST every time!! (Wish you were in this picture with us Liz..just not the same without you guys)



One of the my favorite things that happened, was our awesome cousins coming down to visit, Brette and Leslie, a week is just not enough with them!!


Thought I would get some pics of all the BBQ's we had this summer with friends and family. Promise I'm craving summer as I type...




Me and Brad finally got to the Zoo! We live right down the street from it, so we thought it was about time, and yes....the Gorilla did eat its own poo the entire time we were looking at it.Our good friend Cortnee Lambert is getting married in November and of course weddings come with fantastic reunion showers:).
And last but not least, HALLOWEEN! If you couldn't tell from the picture, me and Brad went as each other. I tried so hard to do that cute smile that Brad constantly has on his face, but as you can see, mine turned out like the ugliest face I have ever made....and just slaughtering his image. We also went to Kelly and Candaces for some food, games and hit up the This is the Place Heritage Haunted house, of course I didn't take one picture dang it, but just in case you were dying to know, it was an awesome night:)(sigh)....Well there ya go! Not that its your first priority in life to wake up and look at our blog, but I'm glad you are all finally in the loop again!

22 comments:

Allie said...

good to have you back, Melissa.

Elizabeth said...

Way too long for me! I have been dying to see you guys in pictures again, so thanks for the update, but I am SO SAD I haven't been with you boating this year. Makes me jealous to see you and Lib out there together. :( I've been meaning to call to chat forever, maybe this week I'll actually do it if you don't mind the screaming kids in the background. You and Brad are so great! Love the Halloween costumes, wish we were with you.

Greg and Ky said...

Looks like you had a great summer and fall! I'm glad you decided to keep blogging! All the pictures look great, the ones of you boating makes me crave the summer as well!

Ashley said...

haha! Your brad grin cracks me up!!

Whitney said...

You would not believe how excited I was to see an update! Good to have you back Mel!Miss you.

the fellers said...

HAHA! I am so glad you gave in and posted!!! I love your costumes, I hate the picture of me, and I miss you! Write me often! I am glad you have internet now, when are you coming to visit?

Alli said...

I'm glad you decided to stay with blogging! Looks like you guys had a fun summer and I love the Halloween costumes!

Alli said...

I'm glad you decided to stay with blogging! Looks like you guys had a fun summer and I love the Halloween costumes!

John and Erin said...

It's about D*** time!

Anonymous said...

melissa glad your back. you look exactly like rob in your attempt to be brad. i honestly thought that's who it was. haha.
tracie

the murdocks said...

Oh shoot...melissa sorry to hear you look just like Rob...but it's true. You guys looked hilarious! I still can't get over how awesome Brad looked in your jeans.

Jennie B. said...

Oh my gosh!!! YOU UPDATED! YEAH! I am CRAVING summer as you type toO! I hate the cold so super bad. I hate it. I LOVE the idea of going as eachother for Halloween. If you had a really tall redheaded husband, you would have had a much better costume. BUT I totally know that look on Brad's face that he always has and you did a great impersonation. I love the Elders! I think the Elders need an addition. Congrats on getting internet.

SarJuh said...

glad you are back!!! looks like you had a great last couple months!!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Yea! I couldn't believe my eyes when I check your blog today... I thought you were done, but I am glad you came back! You guys are always having so much fun and now that you posted again I am able to see that! Your comment was so sweet, I'm glad you got to spend that day with us! Can't wait to see you again tomorrow!

Dani said...

Oh my gosh I have been waiting forever! I pretty much think that you and Brad's costumes are the best, lol!

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I love it! Please don't give up on blogging it is like eating my favorite dessert to read and see the pics.

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

Yea! I missed you! GOod to hear you are alive! Tell Brad Hey!

RIndi said...

So there you've been! You guys are so funny for your halloween stuff and don't you just love skye johansen's stuff! I used her too! Anyway, email me at rindihawkins@yahoo.com and I'll add you to my blog. . .it's private now. I'm so glad you guys are doing great!

Todd and Brittany Heaps said...

Oh my bradley elder.....are you sure that picture was takin on halloween, or is that every tuesday night? You are a good looking female. As for melissa, that drunken smirk is right on the money!

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

Malerm, I love running into you every couple of months, but it seriously is not enough. Mother's group this week is at the So Jo library at 10:15. Stacie will be there with coop & the babe. I serioulsy need to add you to the e-mail list.

glausers said...

love your blog melissa found you on allie's. hope all is well!

John and Erin said...

What are you talking about??? You're the one that went missing for about a decade. Please don't disappear on me again and I might just update.