Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas Break and a Happy New Year!

I know I'm a little late, but its better to be late then never eh:). Our Christmas was extremely casual but still lots of fun with both families! Our family went on a carriage ride down town, and it was so fun! I was expecting it to smell like horse poopie the whole time, but it actually turned out to be so fun with Stace and Dave there, and it was of course fun to see Coop and how he handled the ride, he loved it!
Me and Brad's Christmas shopping turned out pretty fun too, we hit up Cheesecake Factory and yes, we did wait 2 hours to be seated, so we just did our shopping while waiting to be seated so it worked out perfect!Here are just a few random pictures that I was able to get, I didn't have my camera for most of the time, which I seriously regret, but I caught a few randoms. The little cute red head that I'm holding is Brad's niece, she is literally one of the cutest little girls I have ever met! She was always so calm and cuddly, but of course in this picture she wasn't quite as cuddly as she usually is, but it was the only picture I got of this cute little girl!















I wish soo badly I got more pictures of Stace and Dave of there cute fam, but this year was Dave's family's year, so most of the time they were at Dave's house, but some EXCITING NEWS-Stace and Dave are moving to Utah in APRIL!! We were all so excited when they told us and can't wait until they get here!!
I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas and New Years, and by the way, I would have put some pics up from our New Years, but I literally fell asleep at 11:30! We spent the night at my family's house and just watched movies and ate, and everyone was pretty asleep at 11, except Carson, way to go Carson!!
Also, a special CONGRATS for Aaron and Shireena Fennell and John and Erin Mayfield! Both couples got hitched this month and both weddings were beautiful! We are so excited for them both!!

12 comments:

Teandra said...

I'm with ya on the New Year's thing. I felt like a party pooper, but just can't stay up that late anymore!

the fellers said...

awwww...such cute pics mel....I am so excited for dave and stac to move here too! That will be way fun! I hope you are doing ok...

Allie said...

Love the post. Yours are always so fun to read. With Stace here this summer, I plan on doing a lot of roller blading, so I hope you are in!

the murdocks said...

I am thrilled at how many times my name was mentioned. Thank you for contributing something exciting to my boring day. Hey I love that picture of us girls...can you send all the carraige ride pics to me? I don't have one. I miss you like the desert misses the rain. Love ya! And I pray that we have regular roller blading parties...

Whitney said...

We all must be getting old cause me and Ty went to bed at 10:00, sad. Miss you guys! Your pics are cute!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Yea!!! I couldn't have been more happy to click over to your blog and see the update! It all looks like a lot of fun! I'm jealous of the carriage ride and the cheesecake factory! It sounds like a lot of exciting things are happening... I'm sure glad that stacie is moving back, you guys are a great pair, plus then you don't get to miss any aunt moments! Love ya!

The Forbes said...

Hey Mel!! Sounded like you had a fun Holiday. That is so exciting to hear about Stacie coming back to Utah. I have to brag Ryan and I actually stayed up this year the past two years we fell asleep. Im glad you had a fun Holiday.

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

Yea! A new post!!! You have such a beautiful family, thank you for sharing them with me!

SarJuh said...

Hey~! Yeah we went to seattle for christmas. thats where im from, so my family lives up there still. Looks like your christmas was a blast! I always wanted to go on a carriage ride, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cheesecake factory!

The Shirley Family said...

Melissa you are so cute, I just read that you got a new job. So I assume you aren't working at First American anymore. I hope you are liking your new job. I'm glad you had a fun Holiday.

chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun break! And I loved that you guys waited for two hours for Cheesecake Factory! I would've done the same! That is so exciting that Stacie and Dave are moving back! You guys look like your doin Awesome!

Anonymous said...

ps.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a GREAT day Mel! AND I hope your enjoying school:)