Tuesday, November 20, 2007

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!! LAS VEGAS BABY!! This past weekend Me, Brad, Kelly and Candace all drove to St. George, stayed the night at Kelly's grandma and grandpa's house and that following morning drove to Vegas and spent the day! A day is all I can pretty much handle there and to be honest it's not even the day that is fun, its seriously all for the night life there!

The first thing we did when we got there was the STRATOSPHERE!! Candace wanted to go on the ride that tips you over the edge so bad-but us 3 were seriously just straight scared out of our minds. There were 3 rides up there, the Scream (that cart that tips you over the edge), Insanity (You sit in seats that spins you over the edge), and the Big Shot (the ride that just shoots you to the top of the Stratosphere). They went on the Big Shot and the Scream that tips you over...I lost weight just watching the ride! I was the most scared out of everyone there, I refused to go on any of them-well, they finally begged me to go on the Insanity, its the one that you sit in these seats and it hangs you over 1,700 feet and spins you....bawled, I literally opened my eyes once and when I did, I honest to goodness started bawling! I have never ever in my entire life been so scared as I was when I was on that ride!!





The rest of the day was spent safely on the ground where all the fun was happening. We hit up the MGM Grand and took a quick look at the lions, we ate at the Rio Buffet, which was incredible food, and then we of course gambled just once...and let me add, I won 15 buckaroonies and I'm still smiling from it. We watched the Water Show at the Belagio which, no matter how many times you have seen it, still is so great to watch!

Here is Candace, Kelly and Brad on the Scream-worst ride ever made and even though they said they had fun on it, I guarantee they were scared out of there minds...

Had to include the good old dance show that was going on while we were throwing in the quarters:).

It was way fun and we couldn't have been happier that we went on this trip! It was an awesome little get-a-way and we hope to go again soon!!

13 comments:

Allie said...

Guaranteed I would have bawled my head off.

Teandra said...

Oh come on...their fun!

Ryan and Tori said...

That is SO funny you bawled. Sad! Why did you even go?? You are too cute. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! When are we going to go on our next girls trip??

the murdocks said...

HAHAHHHAHHHHAHAHAH...I am laughing for 3 reasons. First that you bawled on the stratosphere (and you know exactly what memory triggers that...AND I couldn't be happier that you finally felt my pain). Second, that you went to MGM to see the Lions...(what lions? the statues?) And third, that you are still smiling from the money you won. I just pictured you sitting at work in your desk smiling nothing but pure evil. Looking just like the grinch. HAHHAHAHAHHHAAH. I LOVE you. Thanks for making my night just that much better.

Anonymous said...

Mel, thanks for the comment..and ummmmm....i feel like I am an elephant, and look like I have a HUGE balloon in my stomach...but thanks....and I dont want to make you sad, but I cant read your blog....the red doesnt show up for me on the black....maybe it is cause I am on a mac....OR maybe you are in the middle of changing it while I am typing this who knows...but I LOVE the picture of the wedding....too cute! It was so great to see you guys again!! You and Brad are so dang cute together! Man, we have to have you to dinner or something soon!!! Talk to you soon!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH that sounds like a lot of fun! I too am a baby when it comes to that stuff! Last year when Mark and I went to Lagoon he dragged me on the rocket and I cried and was pissed at him the rest of the time! Maybe its comes with getting older because I don't remember being that scared when I was younger! (listen to me I sound as though I am 40, with 4 kids) Anyways... it sounded like a fun trip!

Jennie B. said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you found us! I love your top wedding picture! So pretty! Hope the Elder's are doing fantastic! You two are a great couple!

the fellers said...

ok...I love your new look....and now I can see the words! Too fun!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

Mel... I hope you can think of something to get Brad... I wish I could give you some ideas but I don't have any myself... I have been spending my days at TJ MAXX and the Gap outlet for clothes because that's all the creative I can get. All he told me he wanted was a golf bag so I didn't have much to go off of... sorry Mel! Good luck! I have a hoilday gift for you guys that I will be bringing by soon!

The Shirley Family said...

That story is awesome, Sad though that you were so scared. Crazy...that Skye is your cousin, small world isn't it?! She took Addison's 6 month pics and then her 1 year pics. I just love her, she really is such an amazing and talented photographer.

the murdocks said...

Please update your frickin frackin blog. I miss you! See you in a few days!!!!!!!!

the murdocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

ha ha! I loved your comment on my blog! Ha ha... I really am laughing! I still can't believe that we did that? What the heck, seriously? That was so childish! I don't know what I was thinking... ha ha but it is great for a laugh! You need to update!!!