Monday, October 1, 2012

just some simple things we've been up to that i'm sure no one cares about.




ivy has been a smiling ball over here.  melts me every time i see those gums shine! we can't get her to laugh when she's awake, but she laughs all the time when she's asleep. we live for that.

we did some shopping at city creek over the weekend and only shopped for brad and ivy. i refuse to step foot in any dressing rooms and get depressed about my body. so we kept it positive and had cheesecake instead from cheesecake factory.  something that i'm 100% positive didn't help the body situation.

we had a camp fire the other night and i was smiling the entire time because of how obsessed i was with it. i never sat around one single fire this summer because of my lack of motivation to do anything while be pregnant.  and plus my enormous body was usually in bed by 8 anyways, ha. so we whipped out some smore's and i felt set for life.  we stayed up late talking and huddled with blankets around the fire which was also another added bonus. that whole night hit the spot.

ivy is officially 2 months now! i went in for her 2 month check up and they said it was time for her shots. i was thinking it would be a little prick and be over with. the good part is that it really was over with fast. but it sure wasn't a little prick. she was whaling.  her reaction surprised me so bad that i didn't even dress her all the way.  i wrapped her in her blanket and got the heck out of there so fast.  the second i left the building i started bawling. i was shocked by my reaction too, but seeing her in so much pain ripped my heart out. i called up brad and begged him to take her in for her 4 month check up because i can't handle seeing her like that again. literally. i'm a wuss.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Melissa, you are wise to have your husband take her for her next shots. It doesn't get any easier! Try holding your five year old on your lap and listening to them count to ten while they stick a needle in him and he barely gets to three because he is crying and looking at you thinking, "Why do I have to do this Mommy?" It is so sad. And yes, I DID cry. I cry almost every time. Sorry to say it does NOT get easier. And I hear ya on the body-sitch. I just ate two bowls of pop corn and two cookies and was snacking ALL DAY LONG! What the heck? And I told myself I was going to be "good" today. I think I always seem to do worse on those days. Anywho, this is a novel! And I love reading your posts. Especially since our babies are so close in age and we seem to be going through a lot of the same things. Ivy is sure a sweetheart! Keep up the posts! You look gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Oh for sure, I definitely make Adam do it when I can, it's so devastating!!! She's adorable!

Melissa said...

I was so excited because Day didn't have any shots scheduled for her 9month appt. But as soon as the Dr. tried to look in her ear with his thingamabob, she started screaming bloody murder. Oh bother. It really is hard for those little ones. Good thing they forget about it quickly.

Andrea said...

As they get a little older remember one word! Distraction! And be very vigilant at distracting the crap out of your kid:) tysons one yr shots were a breeze he screamed for 5 seconds i distracted him we left both fine. However i have had more practice with distraction than i ever want to breathe word of. A piece of advice if the shots are hard run like h*$l from the "c" word because bi weekly blood draws chemo sedations and spinal taps will have your heart wrapped in knot so tight your not sure you will ever get it untangled.