Monday, October 15, 2012

ivy's blessing.




the whole week before me and brad kept thinking of things we wanted brad to mention in ivy's blessing. such as great hair, really good at the guitar or piano, and my personal favorite-the gift of great style. lucky for ivy, brad decided to follow the spirit and give one of the most touching blessings i've ever heard. of course it was only touching to us, because well...we're her parents. i must say though,  my most favorite thing that brad blessed her with was "the ability to reach out to those who are lonely, and tired from this life and be able to lift them up". i hope and pray this comes to pass.  i hope she is someone that loves unconditionally and is kind to everyone.  not just her friends and family, but everyone. which means, please bless she turns out exactly like her dad.

all in all it was a beautiful day.  and seeing both of our families all sitting together in sacrament meeting was touching to me. a glimpse of the after-life. not to mention having them all over and sitting around laughing and eating. i live for these kinds of days.

p.s. i love how proud brad looks in that last picture.

8 comments:

Allie said...

My babies' blessing days go down in history for me in my top 3 spiritual experiences.
And, are you kidding me, Melissa!? When I think of someone who reaches out to people, it is you. Seriously. These days, most people are cynical and don't like most people, but you are awesome and seem to like everyone. Ivy is one lucky little lady! Oh, and I love the idea of blessing a child with good style. Ha Ha Ha!

Maren said...

Awww! Zoe just had her blessing yesterday too! Except only my parents and my sister Jenny were able to be there for it. Still a wonderful day. I'm glad it was such a beautiful blessing! And you both look like proud parents! Not to mention you look amazing!

Kristen Ruiz said...

Why don't more Dad's think to bless their child with those traits! You are a genius!! Haha - man you crack me up. It sounds like the blessing was beautiful, and if she was wearing something similar to Kwyncee's blessing dress I saw at Grandma Gibb's the other day, than she looked SUPER beautiful too!

Lindsay said...

How precious. She is very lucky to have you both as parents.

AndersenFamily said...

That is so exciting! Blessing days are one of those special gifts. Glad it all went well and you all look great!

Anonymous said...

Melissa I cannot believe how good you look already, wow what a come back. Yes, Brad does look pretty darned pleased, and with good reason. I hope Ivy turns out to be just the right amount of each of you, you are both awesome in my books. An Auntie can say that. Love to you three, Patty

Teandra said...

That is great, you guys are beautiful.

Leslie said...

I only hope Brad blessed her that she wouldn't be loud and obnoxious...(my face sill is going red thinking of that). You guys are all so cute! She is so lucky to have the two most doting parents out there!