Sunday, May 27, 2012

what i've been loving this week..

 i know that everyone must feel like this when they move into their first home, but gosh..we're obsessed.  the hard wood floors draping this house, all the beautiful windows and natural light, the trees surrounding the house, and the old creaks and feel of the home.  i will eventually put up pictures, but for right now we're just trying to get everything in place and organized. one night when we were both sick, it was about 2 in the morning and i woke up to brad coughing.  it was pitch dark and without moving an inch i said with a crackling voice, "remember how we bought a house?" i heard a little laugh from brad and he said, "i can't believe this is ours." and that was it. we both just went back to sleep. i hope this love lasts for as long as we live in it.

of course i'm loving feeling this baby move all the time, and flinch when i laugh loud.  i was even blazing a song by florence and the machine the other day while i was driving and there was a part that boomed the speakers so loud i felt her whole body twitch and kind of reflex from the sound.  i felt so bad i kept apologizing out loud and rubbing my belly. i think it scared the bajeebs out of her. that's when it hit me my days of listening to music extremely loud are numbered.
i'm also loving all the cottage cheese that's spreading around my body like a disease.  i love how my arms are getting to the point that when they're laying against my body they look as wide as my thighs.  i also love that every time i laugh way hard and cough i pee a little bit.  but more than anything, i love that my exertion level is the same as a 90 year old woman which leaves me breathing hard after wiping my own bum.


and last but not least, i've been loving more than anything waking up, opening all the windows and turning on this song. i love it while cleaning, organizing, and doing little projects around the house. i try with all my life to match her vibrato. it's the craziest vibrato i've ever heard.  i love it. 

1 comment:

Maren said...

Melissa, I love reading your blog! I too have cottage cheese all over my legs and butt.... It's not cute. But I laughed at your description! Haha! Sigh. You're funny. I feel the same way about being 90, ...except I traditionally say 80. So, I guess I'ma little younger than you. ;) And I heard that you will likely not be making it to the First! Which makes me so sad because we are moving out East and won't be there on Canada Day for a couple years! Boo! Looking forward to keeping tabs through many more posts.