Wednesday, January 14, 2009

!!!!!!!!!!!OUR TRIP TO KAUAI!!!!!!!!!

(Just a warning, this post is long, so please don't hesitate to skim)

As much as I LOVE looking at every one's blog, I am a picture lover, I tend to breeze through and just look at all the pictures, so if your like me...I'm sorry, I'll TRY to write as less as possible.

To start with, we were dreading having to pay for our rental car, because we are both under 25 so the amount doubled to rent a car for a week. So we get off our airplane at 10:30 at night and go straight to pick up our car. So the guy goes out to get our car and comes back and says, "We are out of economy cars, would you mind driving a convertible for the week?" ummm, we literally acted like we just won the lottery! We were going nuts! We were so excited, and please don't think we didn't use every excuse in the book to drive it!! We felt like kings.
This picture was taken about 10 ft from our condo....it really was too good to be true!

This next picture was HANDS DOWN our most favorite hot dog place! The best hot dog I have ever had in my life!! I've always been obsessed with hot dogs, but these dogs were made with Hawaiian relishes......ASASDFJA;FIAWEFASDJFASJF promise I want one so bad right now!

So about a week before we left, we found out our cousins were going to Kauai for there Honeymoon the exact same week as us. What are the fetchin chances?! So we ended up hanging out a few times, which we were honestly thrilled about!! One of the funnest things we did was go on this rope swing into this little pool from a river, down this little hidden trail. Absolute blast!

These next pics are of the Luau with Jeff and Kelsey!






These next pictures were of the hikes we took and all the awesome sights we saw along the way



Our favorite beach was called Tunnels beach, did most of our snorkeling here. Priceless, I still can't believe we went.

Some good hot spots that we loved..






(These pictures above, the beach had BLACK sand! Pictures don't do justice, but it was the craziest thing to see in real life)
Well guys, I might have to say that we felt like the worlds luckiest people! It was, by far, THE BEST trip I have ever been on in my life. Everything worked out smoothly, we just loved being able to do what we wanted and the time we felt like, and couldn't get enough of being on a practically deserted island with just us 2. Paradise. Simply Paradise. I recommend, to every person and there dog, to go to Kauai before you die. On almost every beach we were the only ones. No tourists, no traffic, no stress. Highly recommend it.

25 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of you. Seriously, that looked amazing!

the murdocks said...

JASDKJDSJFDSJFDJSJL:FJDJ. I am feeling a huge wave of jealousy once again. I have so much to comment on. First off, your shorts and hat were awesome. Second, Melissa I couldn't be prouder...your pictures are really awesome! You definitely have an eye for photography. And don't fight me on this one. Seriously...the towel picture?? AWESOME. And the footprints in teh sand...oh and the one of you and brad at the beach with just your faces. I LOVE all these pictures!!

Ok...enough of that...the pictures look gorgeous! Still feeling jealous.

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

What a fun trip! I am very jealous because I think Hawaii is a long way off for us now...

the fellers said...

I agree with Stacie...oh and you are so dang pretty missy!

Did i just say missy? that sounded dumb!

Jordan said...

Your writing is seriously brilliant and these pictures are wonderful. I'm real glad you had such a nice trip.

Ryan and Tori said...

Oh yeah! That's where we took our engagement pics... isn't it heaven on earth? I love how every beach is just empty, you have it all to yourselves. I hope you and Brad didn't pass up the opportunity of making out on the beach- Ryan I sure didn't. Ha ha! Love it!

Taylor & Kristin said...

I think everything looked Gay.. you made me not want to go to Hawaii.... Sike I hate you so much right now I seriously couldnt be more jelous. FREAK YOU

Jessie said...

Why the freaking heck is everyone going on a paradise vacation but me? I need to get the heck out of here. That looked like SO MUCH FUN! You lucky duck!

Kelly and Melissa said...

I totally agree with you that Kauai is the best possible paradise. My parents go there every year!! It really is so beautiful and time moves so slowly. Wish I could have been there with you!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Wow that sunset pic is PERFECT! You are so gorgeous my friend...

JESSICA N COREY said...

You lucky girl I love hawaii any island there all paradise in my eyes. I am going to go plan a trip right now.

Anonymous said...

dang. Well.......we just got back from Ogden. It was freakin CRAZY!!

John and Erin said...

That looks dreamy! I'm super jealous. Looking hot... it must be that radiance body glow!

Ashley said...

Ahh! I want to go to Hawaii! That looks so fun.

Peacocks said...

Hey Mel! It's Kellie! I LOVE all of your pics, you and Brad are such a darling couple. I am too so darn jealous of your trip, I have never been to Hawaii, but I totally want to now. It looks like you guys had an amazing time. You look so pretty in those pics!

chelsey said...

REALLY Melissa? Really? Could I be any more jealous at this point. First, you have to post all these incredible pictures on Facebook, THEN I have to see them all again here.:) I heart hawaii so much. I wish I was there...
Oh and your pics look awesome. I love them all. Lookin forward to seeing you soon!

sarjuh said...

dude, so fun!!! and you are looking at pretty as ever

Daniel*Erin*Levi*Lucas said...

I am so happy I saw you Saturday! It really has been forever and can I say you look so good! Married life has done you some good, girl! We must meet again...preferably at Tepanyaki again:)

Aaron and Jessie said...

AHHHH! Melissa I was dieing reading all about your trip and looking at all the gorgeous pictures. Man I miss that place. Kaui is definitely my favoirte island. How'd ya'll get a chance to go out there. It's like a 2nd honeymoon. Oh I'd love to talk to you about that place, if that rope swing is the one I'm thinking of ohhh it just wrenches my body to the core wanting to be there so bad. Did ya'll hike along the Napali coast? Gorgeous hu? oh and love the car. I think the only car I've riden in there is if we hitch hiked or rode a bus.

Unknown said...

I thought I was cool with 7 comments...but compared to 20? :)

The Brandt Family said...

WOW! Looks amazing! I have actually never been. However, my lil sis is getting hitched and she just informed me that they want to get married on Kuaui! I'm there-it looks too good to be true!

Mary, Jeremy and Liam said...

You took some awesome pictures! I'm glad you had so much fun... please tell me you had a mai tai! :)

The Forbes said...

That looks like such a fun trip I wish it was me.

Caitlin said...

Hello Melissa! This is Caitlin Peterson from the ward. I found your blog through Kenna's. I love blogging! Anyway, I just glimpsed the pics of your trip but it looked like fun!

Britny Hill said...

Holy Jealous. BLAH!!! Looked like an AMAZING time!