Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Big One Year

Its absolutely true what they say, time flies when your having fun! I can't believe its been a whole year! I remember when we were first married, we had a lot of people come up to us and tell us how hard the first year is. If our first year is the hardest, sign me up for eternity:).
We thought it only appropriate to go to Zermatt since that's where we went for out honeymoon. But I'll be honest, this time around was 100% better then our honeymoon. I think its because the whole time we weren't shocked at what the heck just happened that day and hoping with all our lives we made the right decision.

Brad had never ridden a horse before so I surprised him with a horse ride up in the mountains. I promise I was more excited though to show off my horse skills in front of Brad and the tour guide. Of course I got put with the worlds crappiest horse. Every 2 seconds it would stop and eat the grass on the side of the trail and no matter how hard I pulled on its huge head, it wouldn't budge. So not only was I behind the whole time, but I looked like an idiot just sitting on the horse while it ate the whole time. The scenery was stunning though and it really was fun to be there with Brad.



Later that day we did some hard core golf, umm ok, just miniature-but its always a real treat. (we tried to look at professional as possible, and yes, I did tell Brad to pose for the Blog when I was taking these pictures)





We found the cutest little bakery to eat lunch at, so I felt it only appropriate to take a good old picture.
I used to be a firm believer of thinking that anyone would be just fine marrying anyone, but now that I have Brad, I seriously believe there is such thing as soul mates:). I couldn't be more grateful that I married someone that has become my best friend. I know everyone says this, but I really do get excited for the next year together.

19 comments:

Ryan and Tori said...

Loved this post- promise I laughed out loud a couple times. Just picturing you on a horse that wouldn't budge. Your horse even has the same bangs going on that you do- You look SO cute! And I'm SO happy you guys found each other- when it's meant to be, it's meant to be... I seriously miss you though. We NEED to hang out!!

Lindsay said...

You guys are awesome. You are seriously my favorite! How fun! Your blog is so cute - you have to send me your email address so I can add you onto mine - sorry about the whole "protection" thing - I am just paranoid about my baby being free access to child molesters on the internet - I know I'm crazy. If you want, send me your address to lindsay.driggs.qipc@statefarm.com How's the diabetes going? Hopefully everything is great!

Jennie B. said...

Cute and cute and cute! You two really are so perfect together! I LOVE that wedding picture of you guys. So cute. And... there is NOTHING wrong with telling your husband to pose for a blogging picture. AND.... sorry I said cute so many times.

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

I love you both so much!! How great is that to be each others best friend. It makes life better when you have someone to share good and bad with. We are so grateful to have you in our family!
Love Mom/Lisa

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

I love seeing a new post! Your horse story made me laugh so hard because that is something that would happen to me! It was fun to see you 2 times this week! We need to get together more. I'm holding out for our big celebration... you know what I mean!

Jordan said...

Melissa,

That picture where you're giving the ok sign behind Brad's back is just unbelievable.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Sara Stevenson said...

Wahoo for not being newlywed!:) Everyone told me that the 1st year would be hard too...what do they know?? Happy Anniversary to you guys!!!

Chas and Ashly Johnson Family said...

Congrats on the one year! I love reading your blog because I feel like you are narrating it for me. You are awesome and super skinny, you go girl!
-Ash

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH I love it! It looks like so much fun! I am surprised you guys didn't ride the marry-go-round! You'll have to fill me in on that cute little bakery! We were just up there 2 weekends ago that would have been crazy to run into you! I sure so love ya, you guys are so cute!

Allie said...

Congrats on making it this far! I remember being told that the 1st year is so hard, and after a few months we decided to start fighting for the H of it so we could fit in with the norm.

Alli said...

Congrats to your one year! I can't believe how fast time goes by either! You two look so happy and so cute in all your pics!

The Forbes said...

Mel congratulations!! Time really does fly by. You guys are so cute together I love it.

chelsey said...

CONGRATS! And how fun was your weekend!?! Horseback riding?!?! I think I will have you plan out our next anniversary....we went to a basketball game. Boo.

Anonymous said...

oh yay! Happy Anniversary! i am so happy for you guys, you are such a cute couple!

Jessie said...

Love Zermatt!! We went there for our first anniversary together. I had never even heard of it before and now I swear everyone goes there and I hear about it everywhere. It's so pretty there! Congrats on your anny!

Jessie said...

So I was at the grocery store the other day and I saw a Better Homes and Gardens specialty magazine called Diabetic Living. It made me think of you. I'm nerdy and love better homes and gardens magazine, so I thought you might want to check it out. Here's the link http://www.subscribetoday.com.au/home/mpurchase.asp?m=10057&src=5201

Mel said...

Congrats on one year! I'm glad it was a good year for you! I'll be honest... Our 1st year was ROUGH!! I'm glad you guys are so happy together! You guys are so cute together! I hope you're doing well and feeling ok?!?! Keep in touch! Congrats again!

Crystal & Scott Moeller said...

HEY!!! I can not believe the places I find people. A blog! Congrats on the marriage. Married life is just great isnt it. I am still new to bloggin but its good to know I can always know what you are up to. How are things?

Love Crystal Moeller ( Brown)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your one year! You guys look so great, and look like you are having so much fun!