Monday, May 19, 2008

Brief Recap of Nothing Too Exciting

I thought I would do a simple recap of the last couple of weeks just for the soul purpose of letting you guys get a break of seeing my face that much, and that big for one post.

Well, after enjoying Rescue Alert for a little over 6 months, I did, in fact get another job...BUT for my defense of changing jobs so dang much, it was well worth it! It really is my dream job and I love it so much. Lindsay Forbes and Scott Elder helped me out by finding me a job at Youth Care Corrections. I staff at a house for troubled teens and so far its been fantastic.
Here are some other little things that have been going on...Hope you enjoy:)


Todd Heaps had a beautiful wedding in Logan to Brittany. They are the cutest couple and we loved being able to be up there and celebrate that day day with them.

Something me and Brad have been doing lately is having tons of fires. I promise we are obsessed with having fires in the Summer, there really is nothing better. This picture was taken at the good old Utah Lake.
Ode to the siblings-Jax had her Senior Dinner Dance and I couldn't get enough of her dress! She looked so good! I really can't believe she graduates in a couple of months-way to go Jax!! Also Russ, Brads little brother, just went through the temple last week for his mission. He leaves May 28 and we couldn't be more proud of him! (We missed you Ryan and Liz and wish you could have been there)


And last but absolutely not least, me and Brad saw one of the best things of our lives, and I couldn't be more thrilled that we were able to spend this joyous moment together basking in happiness(and let me remind you, this perfection on wheels was about the size of your average size UTA bus)Until next post-hope your having A WONDERFUL SUMMER!! WOOOHOOOO!

15 comments:

Chas and Ashly Johnson Family said...

Melissa
I have been meaning to comment on your blog forever! Teylor told me about the diabetes and stuff... that stinks but it sounds like you have things figured out. I hope things are going well. Congrats on getting married. I haven't seen you forever! I found your page from Tori's and then my sister found it to. Peace out.
Ash

the murdocks said...

HAHHAHAHAH...the only thing that comes to mind seeing the giant weiner is on Full House when Comet ran away from Michelle because he saw that exact car. The sad part is that I saw that episode not too long ago. And dang you guys have had so much fun! Love the pics. But I'm a little chapped we have had no part in your fun. Dang it...our fault...we will hang out this weekend for shnizzle.

Jordan said...

Melissa,

Scott told me you're working at Youth Care--that's fantastic. I'm really glad you're liking it.

And I love imagining the two of you basking in happiness at the sight of that Oscar Meyer car! Ahahahaha

Ryan and Tori said...

Oh Melissa, you are too funny. I'm so glad you made a new post, even though I loved looking at your cleave in that last one. I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in forever! We need to get together... BAD! Let's plan a camping trip or something, since both Ryan and Brad seem to be obsessed with fires. Hope to see you soon!

the fellers said...

I LOVE that you saw that...man, I bet your lives have been FOREVER changed....did you just happen to have your camera on you? I love it!

The Forbes said...

Jaxs looks super cute I really love that dress. I miss Utah Lake times I wish I was there to do that agian. I really want to call you and here about the new job. I am so glad to hear you like it so far. Cant wait for your stories.

JESSICA N COREY said...

Finally new posts for MELISSA! sheesh JK I am terrible to. I wanted to remind you that I am having my MODBE party tonight so COME! hit me up so I can give you DETAILS
PEACE

The Thueson's said...

That is so funny... I was thinking the exact same thing as your sister! Poor Comet.. Poor us for still watching that show when it comes on.

chelsey said...

Whoa..Go Todd! And I'm SOOO jealous you got to see the Weiner mobile! I'm even happier you had a camera with you to take a picture of it! I love that you guys still hit up Utah lake for those classic bonfires! Love it all!

RIndi said...

Hey! I wrote my sister in law and she's supposed to get back to me on the stuff I was talking to you about at Kylene's shower. I was gonna talk to you more are the wedding but I ended up getting sick. Anyway, hope everythings great! It was so good to see you! You look awesome!

Allie said...

Melissa, It was great to see you last night at Brittany's. We love summer fires, too. We are wanting to put a pit in our back yard, but nothing beats mountain fires!

Alli said...

Great pics Melissa! I can't believe your little sis is graduating, that's insane! And nothing beats the weiner bus! Classic! haha!

Whitney said...

Mel

Sorry i have not gotten back to you about that shirt. I am still planning on selling it to you I just have totally spaced calling you everytime I am in Salt Lake. Let me know if there is a day you are planning on being there. Sorry again I really am sort of spacey!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Melissa-

Is this Melissa Weidner? My fellow Student Body Officer Friend? I am so glad I saw your blog! You look so happy! I hope all is well.

-Emily (Hibbert) Tebbs

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.