Sunday, July 5, 2009

CANADA-JULY 1ST, 2009

no computers.................no phones........................no tv's...........just a week with the best people i've ever known in my life. i literally couldn't be more happy to call them my family. i pray with all my life this tradition never dies.

the endless laughing. the endless eating. never being able to make a decision on plans, so instead sitting for hours on end just talking. the constant making fun of each other. the tubing. the bridge jumping that never gets old. everybody owning a mini van and it seeming cool. always wondering what the in-laws are thinking. the one minute parade that brings us all together in the first place. our dances. the talent of each family member. alberta sun sets. our grandma and grandpa who probably shake there heads thinking of this whole mess of a family they started. the priceless truth knowing that this might just be what eternity is like.

i love the first of july in canada. but even more the family that comes with it.


















p.s. thank you brad for letting me go while you had to do school. you were sure missed!
(brad mc'ing for our church carnival on july 4th)

11 comments:

the fellers said...

love....it.....miss....it....

sarjuh said...

so fun!

us said...

Aw Meliss, looks like a grand ole time! I LOVE the coloring of your pictures... how do you do that? Please share.

the murdocks said...

JFDKLJFDLJLJFDLJELJFLSD. Your words were perfect in every way. Perfect. Overwhelming emotion came to me while reading and looking. I miss it waaaaayyyyy too much!!!!!! I want to be with you. I need the family. I need it all back. The simple life.

tracie said...

How in the world is that week over already???

tracie said...

Oh and I love all your pictures. I did not take near enough. Glad you posted them.

Ashley said...

I really hope that that is eternity.

Elizabeth said...

I love hearing about your trip every year, and wishing I was a part of it!

J & P Gibb said...

Melissa I just read your words out loud to Uncle, They are so right on, so perfect. Thanks for the great sentiment and the great pictures. Love Auntie Sister Gibb

J & P Gibb said...

One more thing, Brad you are the best for supporting your wife and letting her go to the 1st. Cute outfit too.

Peacocks said...

Mel I got the goosebumps when i read your post. What an amazing tradition and your family seems amazing. What a beautiful place and am awesome fun time!! How fun!!!